Monday, July 21, 2008

Crawling Closer

It is Monday July 21st, and I my target date to leave is still August 1st or 2nd. That's a week and a half away. I have about a million things to do before then. If i divide a million things over ten days, that's about 100,000 per day. Writing this new post is one so that leaves roughly 99,999 things left to do today. Yeah, I've been busy.

As far as my support goes, by my own calculations, I'm around 70% right now. That leaves about $500 per month left. I'm allowed to get my plane ticket at 80% so I'm getting close. Over the past weeks and months, my feelings have ranged from encouragement and confidence that God will raise up people to get me to 100% and discouragement and hopelessness, knowing there's no earthly way I can ever raise that much money. But there's nothing to do the whole way but trust God, and my mind is being blown right now as I watch God faithfully working for me and watch His people rise up and allow both them and me to be blessed. God is good!

As I've told a couple people, my packing level is more like 0%. I've got a list a mile long of people I want to connect with for lunch or a coffee before I leave, and my connect for lunch level is at about 20%. My organize my things I'm leaving behind level is also 0%. My odds and ends list and little details I need to take care of level is at maybe 10%.

So I will leave you with this post for now and go find something else to do. But be encouraged! I'm still hoping to be able to leave very close to my target date, which is something I wasn't sure would be possible. Thank you for reading and for being a part of this adventure with me.

"Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the LORD our God."
Psalm 20:7

3 comments:

Living Stone said...

Yay for starting a blog....I love blogs (for the most part), so this will be a neat way to keep up on your happenings.... Thanks the update. We'll be praying for your continued support and direction from God!!!

Luke and Steph said...

Brandon, you're the man. I know you'll make it. Keep the faith my friend. Looking forward to some more fun and more laughs in K-town. Later.
-Luke

thensch said...

Goodness, Brando...with all of your "0%'s", I'm amazed you left the country at all!

Either way, we're so excited for you and are praying for you!

Tobi